W hen John Joseph Stygar purchased Central Undertaking and Livery in 1937, he began a tradition of fine funeral service. His son, John M. Stygar, and his grandsons, John "Steven" and Jeffery Stygar entered into the family funeral business as the years passed.
The first facility, Central Undertaking and Livery, was located on Cass Avenue. The second was in Walnut Park. These facilities were closed when the Stygar and Sons Funeral Home on Halls Ferry Rd opened in 1975. The family went on to purchase the Drehmann Harral Chapel on Natural Bridge Rd. in 1988. We currently own two locations; the Stygar Florissant Chapel & Cremation Ceneter on New Halls Ferry Rd. and Stygar Mid Rivers Funeral Home & Crematory on Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
Over the years, we have moved, renovated, expanded and added services. But with all these changes, one thing has stayed the same, "our commitment to the families who depend on us". Stygar Family of Funeral Service was established to assist families during difficult times and for all these years, we have maintained the high standard of service John Joseph Stygar set so many years ago.